Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The looming football game

Today, tensions were high in band at CHS. The first football game of the year is this Friday. Everybody seemed a little stressed and worried that this game is not going to be that great. Most of the tension came from the drum major and the uniform crew. What we explained to them all is that Todd has been teaching for 18 years and he does know what he's doing. It is different than how they have done things in the past, and they are starting to get upset about it. They are also not going through the right channels to get talk about these things. Todd and I had to put out a few fires today. It was a little stressful.

My supervisor from the university, Bob Kohen, observed me today for the first time. He came to Concert Band at CJHS. At first I was very nervous, but as soon as I started to teach, the nerves went away. I did notice him watching me a couple times, but I don't think it really effected me. After class, he said I had a good repor with the students, which is what he was really looking for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment