Thursday, August 12, 2010

Day 2

Ok, so I didn't take roll in the classes today. Todd wanted to continue learning names himself. I am still learning names though. I know I learned a few in each class today. Todd's going to make it really easy for us at CJHS. The kids' assignment for tonight is to make name plates for the music stands.

Today was still a lot of fun! For band this morning at CHS, I took the clarinets and flutes out to the field for marching practice. I brought the drum major with us to so he could call the commands for me and I could focus on what they needed to work on. The rest of the band was rehearsing with Todd. The clarinets and flutes joined the rehearsal with 30 minutes remaining in the period.

During the 2nd period prep, I volunteered to take Todd's extra monitor back to the tech guy. Just as I was about to climb the stairs up to where I was to take it, the fire alarm went off. I walked into the quad carrying this big monitor and set it on a ledge. Since the alarm went off, the tech guy had to come downstairs. After the "All Clear," the tech noticed the monitor and said, "Hey, nice monitor," and picked it up and left.

Guitar was ok. I assigned lockers to every person and Todd went over some basic music theory stuff. Mostly teaching them how to read music. There is a very wide range of abilities in the guitar class.

In CJHS beginning band, we demonstrated the instruments for the kids. By tomorrow, the kids are going to tell us what their top three choices of instruments are. I demonstrated flute, clarinet, alto sax, tenor sax, and trombone.

In concert band, we gave them the forms they needed to check out their instruments. They found the instrument they wanted and got the number off the instrument for the form. We also gave them their books they needed: Standard of Excellence, Book 2.

Right now, we're still trying to get into the swing of things. I'm enjoying every second of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment