Monday, August 16, 2010

Day 4 - the first Monday

The beginning of the week was actually pretty good. I guess Mondays aren't that bad... yet.

At CHS, I took the saxophone and horn sections out to march. I got these little erasers and bracelet things and gave them out during marching rehearsal for things they did well. They seemed to like it, even at the high school level. The guitar class had a play day to work things out on their own. I spent that period making copies of the drill for the band's field show.

At CJHS, the beginning band got their instruments today. We started out with me teaching a rhythm lesson. We used the words "Train," "Cho-Cho," "Clickity-Clackity," and "Chuga-Chuga." We first did a repeat after me thing, then I divided them into groups and each group had their own words. The "Train" group would go constantly, while the other groups would go one at a time. It wasn't as successful as I thought it might have gone. Everyone was really quiet. I'm not sure what to do about that yet.

Concert Band went really well. I helped out the percussion section again. At the end of class, one of the kids asked me what my rates are for private lessons. Hopefully, it will turn into a reality soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment